The purpose of this assignment
Students who successfully complete this assignment will be able to present critical arguments around ICTs for development projects and demonstrate their capabilities related to engaging with textual and numerical data to present information in a presentation format.
Locate any project where ICTs were applied in contexts such as those described in this chapter, in your local community, own city, province or country, or elsewhere in the world and/or that you have been involved with.
Ensure that you identify the following aspects in your case study:
1. Title of the project
2. Website address(es) that provide information about the project
3. Introduction & Background, including details on the project
o Rationale (what was the reason for the project/why was it needed?)
o Start date, duration (this far) and status (ongoing, completed, etc.)
4. A description of the project, including details on
o The ICT4D solutions that was used in the project
o The strengths and weaknesses of the project
5. You could also add things like
o Major partners
o Major stakeholders
o Who initiated the process?
o Who were the target beneficiaries?
o Who were the service providers?
o How did the initiative work?
o Was there a local champion (some-one from the local community who represented the interests of that community)?
Create a PowerPoint presentation of no more than 8 slides that provide the information as detailed above. Submit your presentation via the Drop box facility.
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO ,CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ASSIST ME WITH THIS PROBLEM ??????
WERE DO I STRAT IN ORDER TO END UP WITH A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION !!!!!
The information contained in this brochure was correct at the time of publication (1November 2013). For updates, please go to the Unisa website http://www.unisa.ac.za
Get to know ODL 2Register to continue your Unisa journey 42014 registration dates & times 6Re-admission in 2015 7Registration process 9
• Conﬁrm your qualiﬁcation
• Choose your modules
• Calculate your student fees & payment options
– Minimum amount payable at registration
– Dishonoured cheques
– Overdue accounts and accounts handed over for collection
– 2014 cancellation dates
– Prescribed student fees (undergraduates)
– Prescribed students fees (honours & 4
– Miscellaneous fees
– Fees for additional study material
– Payment methods
– Bank payments
– Bursaries and loans
• Complete & submit your registration form
– Option 1: Online via the internet
– Option 2: In person at a self-help computer terminal
– Options 3 & 4: Post and fax
• Registration approval
– Amending your registration
• Prepare for your studies
• Register on myUnisa
Qualiﬁcations 38Transitional arrangements
64Modules with practical components 88Science Foundation Provision 90 Alternative pathway/extended programme 96Buy your books 102Unisa rules for students 104Registration form codes 118Unisa forms 134