Our planet is gifted with an abundant biodiversity. Biologists around the world deal with the study of life and its dynamics in the most technical and significant manner. Research institutions and academic conglomerates are very keen in terms of their recruitment processes. If you’re planning to apply for a biologist position, your cover letter is of paramount importance for you to get a job interview.
To help you with that, on this page are biology cover letter templates and samples you can download as reference. Keep in mind that writing a cover letter is an opportunity for you to showcase your skills and academic achievements in the field of biology.
Career Cover Letter
Biology Job Cover Letter
Essential Elements of a Biology Cover Letter
Regardless of the scientific field you’re in, you always have to deal with experimentation and research. For instance, marine biologists’ key research focus is the sea life while microbiologists’ research thrust is the study of microorganisms.
- You need to clearly state the position you’re applying for.
- In a brief manner, you can express your determination and interest in the field of research.
- After your introduction, you can further explain your previous research experiences and the skills you’ve gained from those learning experiences.
- It is highly recommended that you provide specific and concrete instances to bolster your credentials. If you’ll try to download and examine our cover letter templates for research, the sample applicant conveys her interests in collecting and analyzing biological data to identify the indispensable connection among ecosystems.
- You must also showcase your technical research skills and pertinent scientific publications.
- Don’t forget to indicate your educational background and other technical expertise.
- And lastly, you can state your willingness to be part of the research institution. For contact purposes, indicate your updated email address and other contact numbers.
If you’re also looking for Cover Letters For Internship, we haveWord Cover Lettersfor you to check out and download.
Cover Letter for Biology Teacher
Biology Lab Assistant
Cover Letter for Research
Biology Cover Letter in PDF
Writing an Effective Biology Cover Letter
Bear in mind that your cover letter provides an introduction of your resume or curriculum vitae to hiring managers. You must give an impression that you are technical and highly qualified for the applied job position. Here are some tips that you may consider:
- Plan your cover letter. A cover letter is not just a mere piece of paper. It summarizes your skills and qualifications in a formal way. As a biologist, so much is expected from you when it comes to organizing and attention to details. In line with this, you can refer to templates in order to grasp how great cover letters are crafted.
- There is no substitute for research. It is truly proven that even in the course of preparing a cover letter, research skills are needed. You must research about the scientific institutions that you’re planning to apply. Understand their core values and research thrusts.
- Don’t be verbose. Always bear in mind that a cover letter is not an essay nor a research paper. Be succinct and straightforward.
These are some simple and useful tips that you may consider in the course of writing your letter. They are just supplements for the provided cover letter examples. If you’re looking for more, we also have Job Cover Letter Templates.
You may also like
230+ Cover Letter Template
Cover Letters For Administrative Assistant - 7+ Free Word ...
9+ Internship Cover Letter - Free Sample, Example Format ...
8+ Security Guard Cover letters - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Email Cover Letters - 10+ Free Word, PDF Format Download Free ...
8+ Part-Time Job Cover Letter Templates - Free Sample, Example ...
10+ Sales Cover Letters - Free Sample, Example Format Download ...
11+ Designer Cover Letters - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Career Change Cover Letters - 7+ Free Word, PDF Format ...
Sample Application Acknowledgement Letters - 8+ Free Sample ...
10+ Retail Job Application Letters - Free Word, PDF Format ...
Business Appointment Letters - 9+ Free Word, PDF Format ...
Home » Science Resume » Sample Marine Biologist Resume
Marine Biologist Resume
Marine biologists are responsible for making a detailed study and research about the ocean life. In addition, they have to frequently visit the oceanic trenches, collect vivid varieties of samples and their associated marine recordings, identify the important marine specimens and conduct various experiments, plan and conduct developing hypothesis, etc. In this way, they are responsible for handling, observing, and systematically studying the entire marine life.
Candidates willing to be a part of this particular profession should have complete knowledge and interest in this field.
Marine Biologist Resume Example
1714 Angie Drive,
Westminster, CA - 92683
Contact no. : (714) 894-9967
To achieve a successful position as a Marine Biologist in an established organization, where I can apply my skills in enhancing the opportunities in the most efficient and productive way. With a goal to progress within the scientific community, and understand their useful resources.
Top-notch Marine Biologist, with ten years of experience in aquatic flora and fauna studies. Committed towards research and analysis of research work and determined to handle and study about the marine environmental issues. Honored for conducting lab experiments on the vivid aquatic life.
- Diploma in Environmental and Marine Science from University of Rhode Island, Rhode Island, RI
- Completed Post Graduation in Aquatic Research and Management from Weber State University, Utah, UT, in March 2003 - Grade A
- Completed Graduation in Marine and Aquatic Biology from Howard Payne University, Texas, TX, in 2001 - Grade A
- Completed High School from Vermont Community High School, in 1998 with Grade A in Science
- Possess outstanding skills in understanding oceanic climatic change and its associated outcomes
- Capable of dealing with the research work associated with different tectonic plates
- Excellent and exceptional communicational and interpersonal skills and abilities
- Competent in handling various research work associated with aquatic marine life
- Expert in dealing with various issues of oceanic creatures and plant vegetation
Technical and Professional Skills:
- Skilled and proficient to work on varied kinds of Microsoft packages such as MS-Access, MS-Excel and other MS-Office softwares
- Skilled in handling the technical instruments required for studying marine life
- Well-trained to look after the important tests and experiments conducted in laboratory
- Qualified in dealing with technical recordings taken from the oceanic trenches
- Competent in studying the copyrights, supervising the tests, environmental studies, etc.
Current Employer: National Marine Life Institute (2007 - till date)
Designation: Marine Biologist
- Handled and looked after the study of scientific reports and presentations executed on marine life
- Supervised the work carried out in databases and skillfully managed the central operating and filing system
- Supervised the important and complex research work associated to the aquatic marine life and organisms
- Observed, studied and carried out various experiments on aquatic plants, animals and important sea life
- Assisted seniors in handling and carrying out the work on environmental effects on marine animals and plants
Previous Employer: Marine Life Research Institute (2006-2007)
Designation: Assistant Marine Biologist
- Analyzed marine water samples and conducted various tests or experiments on the aquatic life
- Maintained the laboratory experiments associated with the phytoplankton cultures and zooplankton colonies
- Assisted international delegates for important conferences, and presentations in association with marine aging, and growth analysis of marine life
- Observed, studied, and analyzed various aquatic plants and animals, and tagged them as per their natural characteristics
- Looked after important lab work, and assisted the seniors in supervision of the pathological analysis
Achievements and Awards:
- Honored for conducting a complete survey for the benefit of marine life
- Winner of several awards for efficiently modeling new techniques for fishing operations
- Rewarded for collecting and studying the sea scallops and other fauna, handling the fishing operations in the oceans, etc., at workplace in Marine Life Research Institute
- Awarded with 'Best Marine Biologist' award for conducting international seminars, presentations, supervising the research work, etc., at workplace in National Marine Life Institute
Willing to relocate anywhere in Philadelphia and South Carolina
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Donald S. Spencer
You have to build an impressive resume application for the position of a marine biologist. The applicant is also provided with number of cover letters and for this position they may get their expected cover letter sample at this page.