Problem Solution Essay Topics List
A problem solution essay is one that identifies a specific problem and then provides a plan or a solution for the same. Like other essays, people often find it hard to decide on a topic especially when the instructor asks students to come up with their own topics. Students are always advised to select topics they are well acquainted with or something they are passionate about. Additionally, when writing an essay, it is also necessary to consider choosing a topic which has a viable or practical solution. Topic selection often determines a person’s grade and therefore, students should take their time instead of rushing to write on anything that comes to their minds first.
Here are topic examples to help you write your problem-solution essay:
- Discuss ways which can be used to stop social media bullying.
- How should the US approach the issue of undocumented immigration?
- Discuss ways which can be employed to solve the Syrian refugees’ issue.
- What are some of the steps that universities should take to prevent sexual assault?
- How should the US approach the issue of mass shootings?
- How can the rift between the police and communities be bridged?
- What can be done to stop police brutality?
- What can be done to help sensitize and get people out of abusive relationships?
- How can interpersonal communication be improved in today’s online world?
- How can depression be dealt with especially in teenagers and young adults?
- What can be done to help break down ethnical and cultural barriers?
- Discuss ways that can be used to help deal with bullies and manipulative individuals.
- How can suicidal people be sensitized and be encouraged to seek help and talk about their issues?
- Discuss ways that can be used to help prevent teenage pregnancies.
- What steps need to be taken to help eliminate the issue of homelessness in our communities?
- What should be done to help reduce the number of teenagers dropping out of school?
- Suggest ways that can be adopted to help reduce the social inequality gap.
- What can the government do to help lessen the burden of student loan debts?
- What can the local governments do to help reduce the unemployment rates?
- Even in the 21st century, child labor is still a major problem. What laws should the world enact to help deal with the scourge?
- How should the US and the world approach the issue of terrorism?
- Discuss ways the government and the general public can use to help deal with the issue of worker exploitation.
- Gun violence is indeed on the rise, suggest ways to help deal with this malaise.
- What are some of the ways to help the victims of war?
- What are some of the ways the government can use to make the public more receptive towards former criminals?
- Divorce numbers are indeed on the rise. What can be done to help reduce this percentage?
- Regardless of the increased sensitization, deaths as a result of drunk driving continue to increase. Suggest ways to help prevent the loss of lives as a result of the same.
- Illiteracy levels are indeed high. Suggest ways to help improve literacy levels.
- Human trafficking is indeed a scourge that needs to be eliminated. Discuss ways the world can adopt to help eliminate it.
- How should the world deal with the issue of global warming?
- What should be done to eliminate the problem of online data mining?
- How best can we deal with the cyberbullying problem?
- Should celebrities be protected from the nosy media?
- What should be done to help mitigate the inclusion of extremely graphical images in video games and movies?
- What can be done to make sure every person’s healthcare is guaranteed?
- How can the government and the private help increase the employment rates?
- How can education be made more affordable?
- What should be done to help reduce the dependence of money in politics?
- Discuss ways you think government surveillance is infringing on its people rights. How can this issue be dealt with?
- How can the government protect endangered wildlife?
- What can the government and the private sector do to reduce environmental pollution?
- Racism is indeed a thorn in our community. How can it be eliminated or mitigated?
- How can teachers help children who are victims of family abuse?
- What should be done to help increase the number of students who qualify for college education?
- What should students do to overcome the issue of postponing or procrastinating?
- Discuss ways that can help reduce the lung cancer problem.
- What should the government do to help deal with the issue of youth unemployment?
- Discuss ways we can adopt to help reduce air pollution.
- What can we do to help prevent the imminent ecological collapse?
- How can we reduce the impact of natural disasters?
- Suggest ways which can be employed to help reduce domestic violence cases.
- Discuss ways that should be adopted to help solve the ‘one size fits all’ approach to education.
- Discuss ways employers can use to motivate their employees.
- How can managers solve communication problems within their organizations?
- What should teachers do to help improve or boost creative thinking in students?
- Suggest ways students can adopt to help balance their school work and social life.
- How should companies deal with internet spams that seek to mine data?
- How should employees approach the issue of discrimination within the work place?
- How can families be sensitized to help reduce the increasing number of family breakdowns?
- What can be done to help reduce teenage smoking and alcohol intake?
- What legal procedures should be adopted to help eliminate corruption in the public offices?
- How should the government deal or help reduce the high cost of leaving?
- What should be done to help deal with segregation laws as well as the poor treatment of special needs students?
- What measures can schools adopt to help eliminate exam cheating?
- What should the responsible bodies do to help discourage the use of animals in scientific research?
- What should teachers do to help reduce and eliminate the issue of early pregnancy?
- What laws need to be enacted to help eliminate the issue of texting while driving?
- How can teachers help their students to improve their self-confidence?
- Suggest ways students can use to help improve their focus and concentration.
- How can people reduce anxiety?
- How can big cities reduce the problem of car accidents?
- Discuss ways which can help improve a child’s memory.
- How can society lower alcoholism rates?
- How can we deal with the issue of racial inequality within certain public offices and organizations?
- What are some of the ways that can be adopted to help teenagers avoid succumbing to eating disorders?
- How can teachers and parents make sure that children are appropriately using social media?
- Which programs should be introduced to make it easier to identify highly talented students?
- What can be done within the education curriculum to help make schools more accommodative and impactful towards special needs students?
- How can teachers help make their students more accommodative towards ethnically or culturally different students?
- Suggest ways that can be adopted to help obese people reduce weight?
- What should be done to help reduce heart related diseases?
- What approach should the police take to help reduce the number of criminal gangs?
- What laws need to adopted to help stop hate-speech?
- How can nepotism within our work places be stopped?
- How can teens’ isolation and loneliness be reduced within the school?
- What should be done to help reduce or deal with the problem of overpopulation?
- What laws or reforms to the current laws should cities adopt to help reduce traffic jams?
- How can students be motivated to attend lectures?
- What should teachers to help accommodate slow learners?
- Suggest ways students can adopt to help reduce or eliminate insomnia.
- What should be done to help eliminate identify theft?
- Discuss ways teachers can use to encourage teamwork among students?
- Discuss ways teachers can employ to discourage any cases of racial discrimination?
- Suggest ways employers can employ to help reduce and eliminate work stress among their employers.
- How can we save the ailing environment and reduce deforestation?
- What can be done to help reduce the number of forest fires recorded in a year?
- Discuss ways which can be adopted to help big cities reduce air pollution?
- What can the world do to help protect women and children during war?
- How can organizations eliminate gender-based discrimination?
- What should the world do to eradicate the seasonal issue of hunger?
- What can teachers do to help reduce laziness among students?
20 Easy and Interesting Problem-Solution Essay Topic Ideas
― Albert Einstein
Now when you have to write a problem-solution essay, the process can be slightly different. Even though the structure of a problem-solution essay is quite clear by its name, when it comes down to researching, constructing, and finally writing the essay, there can be some confusion. So, before you get down to finalizing a topic that interests you, here are some guidelines you need to keep in mind.
- describe, in detail, what the problem is.
- provide more than one possible solutions.
- pick one of the more practical and feasible solutions.
- explain why this solution will work.
◆ Providing one-to-one mentoring that builds a support network for the teen.
◆ Informing family members to actively engage in the situation for a direct and positive effect.
◆ Focusing on alternative schooling programs that cater to the teen's academic requirements.
◆ Increasing number of buses/trains every hour to advocate efficiency.
◆ Using public transportation means saving money on gas and parking.
◆ Providing a discount ticket deal with offers on daily and annual tickets.
◆ Educating their kids about the risks involved and understanding Internet safety.
◆ Having an open conversation about the issue and trusting that they will make the right decisions.
◆ Installing a tracking app to monitor the child's Internet usage.
◆ Accepting that marriage is between two people in love; letting them choose a life partner for and by themselves.
◆ Providing support for the constitution of marriage without shaming an individual's personal choices.
◆ Helping to eliminate hatred among people who cannot or will not perceive ideas beyond their understanding.
◆ Deciding between enforcing a harsher policy of deportation or providing asylum for illegal aliens already living in the country.
◆ Making them pay taxes to reduce economic burden off tax paying citizens.
◆ Restricting organizations to hire illegal immigrants in order to reduce their own expenses.
◆ Putting in measures where people can earn an income and provide support for themselves and their family members.
◆ Providing emergency shelters and programs for people who need to get by in a time of crisis.
◆ Developing a range of housing options for homeless people.
◆ Speak up if you see other people passing racial comments at you or someone else; don't take the abuse.
◆ Host an anti-racism meeting in your community where people of different races can come and meet everyone and understand each other's cultures.
◆ Discuss the issue with your family members, friends, neighbors, and colleagues, and ask them to do the same; spread the message.
◆ Enforcing laws that make businesses and the general mass to pursue fuel alternatives like green technology.
◆ The government should push a variety of trade policies in order to address the issue.
◆ Along with the U.S., countries with higher population need to work together, rather than partake in the blame game.
◆ Stop preaching others and get right down to it yourself.
◆ Finding a support system or group that understands and guides you to your goal.
◆ Making some lifestyle changes; what you eat, where you eat, people you eat with, etc.
◆ Publishing an article with pictures of drunk drivers; public humiliation can be quite persuasive.
◆ Enforcing stricter laws to punish offenders.
◆ Placing sobriety checkpoints throughout the year; and not just during the holidays.
◆ Organizing classes, groups, and programs by teaming up with administrators and teachers who can make a change.
◆ Raising awareness in schools, colleges, and communities about the advantages of providing proper opportunities to these students.
◆ Pushing the 'new' study approach with not just the gifted and talented students, but with everyone who can benefit from the program.
◆ Getting yourself and your community involved in educating everyone about its impact and how to intervene safely.
◆ If you see or hear anything, call 911 immediately.
◆ Along with the national Domestic Violence shelter helpline and/or the local police, have an intervention plan in motion.
◆ Discussing the values of your family, explaining them about your opinions on drugs, and letting them know your boundaries regarding the same.
◆ Getting involved in the child's life, providing support in academics and extracurricular activities, and showing support in his/her hobbies.
◆ Helping your child understand the reason and necessity to choose a positive social group.
◆ Organizing a support group for parents whose kids play video games and possess aggressive and angry feelings.
◆ Educating kids about the positives of playing video games; channeling their interests to become a professional gamer, improved cognitive skills, etc.
◆ Offering programs to develop their skills in such a way that it can be put to their advantages for the future.
◆ Partaking in objective listening.
◆ Watching romantic movies together in order to save their relationship.
◆ Letting go of the relationship and finding someone else to love.
◆ Government needs to step in and regular the amount of money a candidate spends on his/her campaign.
◆ The constitution should be improved in order to address the issue.
◆ A law should be passed which clearly defines the amount of money donated to the candidates.
◆ Find someone else to live with. Move out yourself or throw your roommate out.
◆ Be honest about the issues you're facing and finding a common ground.
◆ Have your roommate sign an agreement like Sheldon Cooper and Leonard Hofstadter do in The Big Bang Theory.
◆ Including the athletes, the general student body should host a series of rallies and events in order to get the administration's attention.
◆ More concentration should be given to academics than athletics.
◆ Instead of monetary compensation for the games, yearly tuition should be waived off.
◆ Enforcement of stricter laws that protect privacy rights of every American citizen against government surveillance.
◆ Divulging information to the public so that everyone knows what the intelligence community is up to.
◆ A more proactive approach from the government is required to monitor the intelligence community instead of harassing the general mass.
◆ Creating policies where the school should provide heightened security in and around campuses or initiate the buddy system.
◆ Encouraging female students to participate in self-defense classes.
◆ Raising awareness around the campus, sharing resources, and providing counseling for survivors.